Learning Management Systems or LMS is used for the online learning in modern world. Learning Management Systems are the basic requirement in these days.
The learning management systems are the platform that provides tools for managing employee development. Thanks to the LMS technology, it is primarily possible to plan, implement and evaluate the learning process.
What is the LMS platform for?
The role of the LMS may vary depending on the needs of employees and the company’s strategy. The special feature of the distance learning system is flexibility and variety of purpose. The platform can be used e.g. down:
- Supporting team development– The main mission of the best LMS is to provide training materials that can take various forms, e.g. ready-made files created in external tools can be made available, as well as those created directly on the platform using built-in wizards. As part of the LMS, it is possible to assign courses to groups of Users, thus ensuring the acquisition of appropriate professional skills of employees. In addition, all training content available on the platform can be concentrated in the form of knowledge paths, which constitute an individual learning plan.
- Onboarding new employees– The best LMS also supports the onboarding process , the purpose of which is to quickly adapt new employees to the company. The platform may include procedures, information on administrative issues and company structure, or training, which can take various audiovisual forms. Thanks to this solution, it is not necessary to duplicate training materials for each new employee, because they are available from only one system, and what is more, access to them is possible at any place and time. In addition, all materials made available on the platform can be constantly updated and supplemented with new content.
- Motivating employees– The Learning Management Systems give the opportunity to activate employees and increase efficiency in business by using game elements in the learning process.Gamification serves to support the user’s motivation in acquiring knowledge, and also mobilizes to achieve the set goals. In addition, it helps to engage in the life of the company, increase productivity and promote continuous learning and upgrading of employees’ skills by enabling them to earn points, badges and, above all, rewards.
- Conducting tests– LMS has a built-in wizard for creating and sharing simple and advanced quizzes. Tests may contain various types of questions and may be made available to individuals or to all Users of the platform. Thanks to the use of the eLeaP software, it is possible to quick verification of product knowledge or knowledge of company procedures.
- Registration for the dates of stationary training– Modern LMS are often additionally expanded with a module designed to handle the process of stationary training . The LMS platform allows not only to carry out subscriptions, but also enables e.g. providing access to initial materials, conducting pre- and post-tests, or examining the satisfaction of people participating in the previous training using question methods . The eLeaP software is very flexible and can be freely adapted to the needs of each company.
Who can manage the LMS platform?
Platform management is often the responsibility of people from the client’s side who get to know the tool and over time are able to efficiently handle the key functionalities of the platform. Very often, however, due to the lack of time or human resources, the administration can be entrusted to a supplier who provides qualified people on his side to cooperate with the client. These administrators then perform activities on the platform as requested or on a scheduled schedule. These activities are not complicated from the IT side, but they are time-consuming and require thorough knowledge.
It is worth remembering that a very important aspect is the provision of technical support for users (support). Leaving the users of the platform with their problems, e.g. lack of access, may discourage employees from using e-learning. Such support usually belongs to the party that administers the platform. Then it is competent to help users and knows how to solve the problem as quickly and simply as possible.
The LMS system is an important element of the e-learning implementation process in the organization. If you want to choose the best platform for your organization, pay attention to its implementation/launch time and the functionalities it has. Think about whether you have the necessary resources (servers, people) that will handle such a system. Choose a solution that will meet exactly the needs and tasks you want to carry out.